Rules and Regulations of General Banking and Credit
a. To Acquaint the Participants with the Laws, Rules, and Regulations related to Banking.
b. To Improve Operational Skills in Handling Different Legal & Regulatory Matters of Banks.
c. To Familiarize the Participants with The Rights and Obligations of Bankers’ in Safe Guarding the Banks Interest.
a. Financial System and Financial Development of Bangladesh, Constituents of Financial System of Bangladesh.
b. Conceptual overview on rules, regulations, and acts related to banking.
c. Regulation and Acts The Bangladesh Bank Order, 1972 (with Amendments); The Banking Companies Act, 1991 (with Amendments); The Financial Institutions Act, 1993 (with Amendments); The Securities and Exchange Commission Act, 1993; The Contract Act, 1872; [Legal Aspects of Agency, Pledge, Bailment, Guarantee and Indemnity, Banker- Customer Relationship, Legal Aspects of Opening and Operation of Different Types of Accounts,] The Partnership Act, 1932; The Companies Act, 1994; The Trust Act, 1882; The Negotiable Instruments Act, 1881 (with Amendments); Money Laundering Prevention Act, 2012 (with Amendments); Anti-Terrorism Act, 2009 (with Amendments); The Bankers' Books of Evidence Act, 1891; The Transfer of Property Act, 1882 (with Amendments); The Registration Act-2004; The Stamp Act, 1899 (with Amendments); The Limitation Act, 1908; The Public Demands Recovery Act, 1913 (with Amendments); The Bankruptcy Act, 1997; The Artha Rin Adalat Ain 2003 (with Amendments).
d. Charging of Securities, Documentation for Loans and Advances (Legal and Practical Aspects); Legal Aspects Relating to Recovery of Credit; Legal Procedures Relating to Filing of Suits.
e. Rules that guiding the banking system of Bangladesh
f. Ethics, Governance, and Regulatory Compliance in Banking.
g. Changes invited to address new horizon of general banking and credit at COVID-19 and Pandemics.
1. BIBM member banks can access the online nomination form before forty (40) days of the commencement of programs. BIBM member banks can nominate a maximum number of three (03) participants for a Training Course / Training Workshop. The maximum number of participants in each Training Course / Training Workshop is 40. However, if the number of total nominees exceeds the maximum number, a final list of 40 participants will be prepared by the BIBM authority which will be available online five (05) days prior to the commencement of the Training Course / Training Workshop. Information in regard to rejection of any nomination will be communicated to the concerned bank at least three (03) days before the commencement of the Training Course / Training Workshop. No participant under the target group/level is allowed to participate in any Training Course / Training Workshop.
2. All member banks are required to pay Tk.1000 per day per participant including holidays (if any) as a course fee. All charges are excluding VAT and Tax.
3. The pay order/bank draft drawn in favor of ‘Bangladesh Institute of Bank Management” has to be sent at least seven (07) days prior to the commencement of the Training Course / Training Workshop.
4. BIBM will send Meeting ID to the nominated participants (through email) to join the zoom meeting app-based interactive session. Moreover, the course Coordination Team and BIBM Training Wing will regularly communicate with the nominated participants for further updates.
5. The Training for each day will be as follows:
1st Session: 11.00 am – 12.00 pm
2nd Session 12.05 pm – 13.05 pm
Lunch & Prayer Break: 13.05 pm – 14.05 pm
3rd Session 14.05 pm – 15.05 pm
4th Session 15.10 pm – 16.10 pm